This rustic apple galette recipe is the perfect way to serve Rosh Hashanah apples and honey! The flaky, buttery dough comes together quickly and the apples go so well the honey mixture, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an impressive and delicious dessert.
What is a galette?
Galette is a French word which translates to a flat round cake, usually made with party dough. It is a classic French dessert that has taken on many flavors and styles. I like to think of a galette as the lazy person’s pie! The perfectly imperfect shape makes it very forgiving, there’s no need to be a professional to make it look and taste great!
What ingredients are needed to make this apple galette recipe?
To make this apple honey galette you just need a few pantry staples. Gather these ingredients and you’re all set:
- Confectioners sugar
- Brown Sugar
How to make a Rosh Hashanah Apples and Honey Galette?
Follow these steps for this apple honey galette recipe:
- First make the flaky, buttery dough: Mix the dough ingredients together in the food processor and chill in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- After that, roll out the dough, and layer the apples over the surface.
- Next, mix the honey, sugar and cinnamon and brush mixture all over the apples.
- Roll the sides of the dough over the edges of the apples.
- Then brush with egg was and top with some sugar.
Can a galette be made in advance?
Yes! You can make this galette one day in advance and keep refrigerated. In addition, I recommend reheating the galette in the oven before serving.
Can this apple galette recipe be reheated?
Absolutely! If you place the galette in a warm oven for 10-15 minutes before serving it will be perfectly warm.
Is it possible to freeze galette dough?
Yes! I recommend wrapping the galette dough in plastic cling wrap and freezing it for up to 3 months. When ready to use, remove the dough from the freezer and allow it to defrost on the counter for a few hours until it is room temperature before rolling out.
Love this recipe? Try these other easy recipes:
As well as this gorgeous Lemon Loaf with strawberry glaze.
Did you try this recipe?
I LOVE to hear what you think of my recipes! It would mean so much to me if you could rate this recipe below and leave a comment or share with your friends ❤ Thanks for being here!
Rosh Hashanah Apples and Honey Galette Recipe
- Food processor
- Rolling Pin
- 1 cup cold butter cubed
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- ⅓ cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 green apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 ½ Tablespoons demerrera sugar
Make the dough
- In the bowl of a food processor blend the dough ingredients jsut until all combined and a dough forms.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes until chilled.
Make honey mixture
- In a small bowl mix the honey, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
Assemble the galette
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Prepare a baking sheet with parchement paper.
- Take the chilled dough out of the fridge and roll it out on a floured surface to form a large circle.
- Lay the apple slices on the dough leaving a perimiter of dough all the way around.
- Heat up the honey mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds and brush it all over the apples.
- Fold the sides of the dough up and over the edge of the apples.
- Brush the top of the dough crust with egg wash and top with sugar.
- Bake the galette on the prepared baking sheet for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.