These pumpkin donuts are baked, not fried and they are so so easy to make, they are ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish. They are fluffy and sweet with perfect pumpkin spice flavor.
Even though we don’t really get much of a fall here in Israel, it is still my favorite season and nothing says fall more than pumpkin spice everything! Try these baked donuts for a burst of fall flavor.
Pumpkin donuts with cinnamon sugar
These baked pumpkin donuts are covered in cinnamon sugar for the ultimate fall feeling. If you prefer you can top these with a simple glaze instead.
What is pumpkin spice?
These pumpkin donuts are bursting with pumpkin flavor, they have *pumpkin puree* and pumpkin spice.
I was today years old when I discovered that pumpkin spice doesn’t actually have any pumpkin in it. That was a mind blowing discovery. I always thought if it was called pumpkin spice it would have pumpkin, but in reality it is the spices that go well with pumpkin and traditionally is used in pumpkin pie.
What ingredients do you need for pumpkin donuts baked?
These autumn flavors are created using some seasonal ingredients as well as pantry staples.
- Pumpkin puree, use this and not pumpkin pie filling that has other ingredients added
- Brown sugar
- Buttermilk, you can also make your own, get a easy recipe here
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin spice
- Butter, sugar and cinnamon
How do you make baked pumpkin donuts?
I love simple recipes and this one fits the bill. There are lots of ingredients, but only a few easy steps. Follow along with the following steps and you’ll be eating these fluffy donuts in just a few short minutes!
- Mix the wet ingredients together (puree, sugar, egg, buttermilk. vanilla and oil)
- Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, spices)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together
- Bake the donuts
- Top with cinnamon sugar
- And enjoy!!
Can I make donuts without a donut pan?
Yes! If you don’t have a donut pan you can definitely still make this recipe. You can use a muffin pan or a mini muffin pan for Muffin “donuts” which taste just as good, in a different shape. Just add or take away baking time depending on the size of your mold.
Mini Pumpkin donuts
Make this recipe in a mini muffin pan for adorable donuts! This recipe makes about 3 and half dozen mini donuts. Just bake for about 8 minutes for mini muffins.
Can you freeze pumpkin donuts?
Yes! You can absolutely freeze these donuts. I recommend freezing them in an airtight container or ziplock bag and keep for up to a month in the freezer. Once the donuts are defrosted heat them in the microwave for a few seconds for ultimate freshness.
Love this recipe? Try these other easy recipes:
As well as my Abuela’s bineoulos (Moroccan donuts).
Did you try this recipe?
I LOVE to hear what you think of my recipes! It would mean so much to me if you could rate this recipe below and leave a comment or share with your friends ❤ Thanks for being here!
Pumpkin Donuts Baked
- Donut pan, mini donut pan (or mini muffin pan)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 L egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. If using a metal donut pan, spray with non-stick baking spray, if using silicone don't spray.
- In a large mixing bowl which together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined but not smooth.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag and pipe into prepared donut baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool slightly.
Top the donuts
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- While the donuts are still warm, but not too hot, dip into melted butter and then into cinnamon sugar mix.