3 ingredients, no-bake, rich cake balls made with Oreo cookies and cream cheese. Can you think of a more delectable treat that’s so easy to make? I can’t!
What are Oreo Cake Balls
They are decadent truffles made from crushed Oreo cookies and cream cheese, covered in a rich white chocolate coating.
Why you should make these No Bake Oreo Truffles:
These Oreo Cake Balls are so simple to make! In fact, my little kids love getting in on the action and making these themselves, especially the crushing the cookies part.
You should make these because they come together really quickly with almost no effort and are ready within 45 minutes (mostly chilling time!). They are so decadent, but also just one or 2 bites so it’s not overwhelming.
I love serving individual desserts, especially these days when we’re only serving to our family! This way there’s no fighting over who got the bigger piece of cake 🤣.
This recipe has only 3 ingredients:
- Oreo Cookies
- Cream Cheese
- White Chocolate
How to make Oreo Cake Balls:
- First, and most fun step is crushing the Oreo cookies. There are a few ways to do this. You can use a food processor, but I don’t like to because it’s an extra dish to wash! You can also put the cookies in a zip top bag and smash them with a rolling pin, best to get out all your pent up anger 😉 Additionally, you can just place the cookies into a bowl and crush them the with your hands. It’s ok if the crumbs are different sizes.
- Next you need to add the cream cheese to the cookie crumbs and mix together to form a batter. I use my hands for this step, but it does get messy.
- Once the mixture is well combined, you form small balls, rolling between your two hands. The best way to do this is to lightly wet your hands and roll the dough.
- Now the balls need to set, so you put them on a plate or tray and place them in the freezer to harden.
- While the Oreo balls are freezing you can melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
- Once the chocolate is melted it is time to dip the Oreo cake balls and cover them. You can top them with extra Oreo crumbs for decoration.
- These need to set once more, so just pop them back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and then serve!
How to store these Oreo Cake Balls:
These Oreo Truffles are best stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Variations to this recipe:
My family loves these Oreo Cake Balls so much that I was looking to change it up a bit and I made these with Biscoff Lotus cookies and “Blondy” chocolate. Just replace Oreo cookies with Biscoff Lotus cookies and dip the balls in Blondy chocolate, which is like a caramel colored chocolate bar.
Check out these other easy recipes:
Oreo Cake Balls
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 100 g white chocolate
- Place Oreo cookies in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Alternatively you can crush them by hand.
- Set aside about a teaspoon of Oreo crumbs. Place the remaining crushed Oreos into a mixing bowl and add cream cheese. Mix well.
- Form small balls from the Oreo cream cheese mixture, approximately 1 ½ inch in diameter. Place them on a plastic plate or a small pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place balls in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, melt the white chocolate: in a small glass bowl, microwave the white chocolate in 15 second increments, mixing well in between. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Remove the Oreo Balls from the freezer and dip each one in the melted white chocolate.
- Top each ball with some reserved Oreo crumbs. Return to the plate and place back in the freezer for 15 more minutes.