These Pesach (gluten free) chocolate chip sticks are so good, you would not even believe they were kosher for Passover!
I developed this recipe a few years ago, a few days before Pesach, in my mothers kitchen which was at the time already kosher for passover. When they were cooling on the counter my daughter walked in, had one, and exclaimed: “You can’t have Chametz in Abuela’s kitchen!”. They look and taste like regular chocolate chip sticks which on Pesach is a huge deal 😉
Chocolate chip sticks with almond flour
These chocolate chip sticks are made with a mix of almond flour and potato starch in place of the flour. They are the perfect gluten free treat and therefore I love having this recipe in my back pocket for when we have gluten free company.
Chocolate chip sticks for Pesach
On Passover I love going back to basics and cooking and baking the most simplest foods. That’s why this is a family staple for us on Pesach. Chocolate chip sticks are so classic and delicious, its the perfect addition to every Pesach kitchen.
What ingredients do you need to make these Passover chocolate chip sticks?
To make these gluten free chocolate chip sticks you need a list of pantry ingredients, you most likely have these at home, certainly on Pesach!
- Oil, any kind you use on Passover is ok (canola, hazelnut, sunflower…)
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla (you can skip this if you don’t have)
- Baking soda
- Potato starch
- Ground almonds (as finely ground as you can find, such as almond flour)
- Vanilla pudding powder
- Chocolate chips
How to make these gluten free chocolate chip sticks?
Follow these short and easy steps to put these together!
- Whisk together the oil, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake and enjoy!
Can you freeze these chocolate chip sticks?
These gluten free chocolate chip sticks freeze really well and are a great freezer stuffer :). Take out of the freezer and defrost on the counter for a couple of hours before serving.
I like to keep these on hand for when I have gluten free friends over, I can just pop them out of the freezer.
Love these cookies? Try these other gluten free easy recipes:
This Cookie Dough Frosting from my blog is a huge hit.
Plus these Flourless Brownies are a Pesach favorite!
And try this Flourless Chocolate Cake from my friend Sam’s blog Frosting and Fettuccine.
Did you try this recipe?
I LOVE to hear what you think of my recipes! It would mean so much to me if you could rate this recipe below and leave a comment or share with your friends ❤ Thanks for being here!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Sticks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup oil Hazelnut, Canola, Sunflower… whatever you use for Pesach is fine
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 cup ground almonds almond flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla pudding powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together sugar, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some for the top.
- Spread the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cover the top in extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven when sides are cooked through and center still looks a bit soft. Let cool completely.
- Slice into sticks or squares.
This recipe is so easy and an absolute favorite in our house (and most of are not gluten free!) it is absolutely delicious. Make it and enjoy!!!
Thank you so much Shifra!! I’m so happy you guys enjoy it 🙂