This chocolate chip cookie dough frosting recipe is here to save the day!
Admit it, you have had more than a small bite of cookie dough while making your fave chocolate chip cookies, right? I’m guilty of that indulgence too. I mean, it just smells so good and you’re so in the mood, it’s hard to stop yourself, even though you know it’s really not the best thing to do… enter this cookie dough frosting. This safe-to-eat treat is the perfect topping for your favorite brownies or cupcakes.
Ways to use this cookie dough frosting
I LOVE this frosting on brownies – specifically brownies from a box 😉 !! But it works so well as a topping for any of your favorite desserts. Cakes, cupcakes, whoopie pies… yummmm. Try it as a filling for these chocolate whoopie pies in place of the cookie butter filling.
Cookie dough frosting without flour and eggs
Eating raw flour and raw eggs can potentially make you sick, so it’s best to avoid raw cookie dough whenever possible. This recipe has no eggs and no flour and still tastes exactly like cookie dough, plus it’s safe to eat!
What do you need to make this frosting recipe?
There are only 5 ingredients needed to make this delicious creamy frosting!
- Butter, you can use vegan butter (in Israel try Naturina)
- Brown sugar, I use dark brown
- Confectioners sugar
- Heavy cream, or soy milk for dairy free
- Chocolate chips
How to make this frosting?
It’s so easy to make this edible cookie dough frosting, it takes 10 minutes or less!
- First, cream the butter and sugars.
- Add in the cream, a little bit at a time.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread it on your cake, brownies or cupcakes! (or just eat it out of the bowl 😉
Does cookie dough frosting need to be refrigerated?
Yes, this frosting keeps its form best in the fridge. Once frosted, the brownies or cake can stay out on the counter for a few hours until serving.
More like this:
I love when you try my recipes! Please rate this recipe and let me know how you liked it in the comments below.
Cookie Dough Frosting
- Stand mixer or handheld beater
- ½ cup (100g) butter or vegan butter
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons heavy cream or non dairy alternative
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Beat butter and brown sugar with a handheld beater or stand mixer.
- Add confectioners sugar and heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- When you’ve reached desired consistency, smooth and spreadable, fold in chocolate chips.