Let’s up our midnight snack game, shall we? Chocolate and peanut butter, the ultimate combo, now in a 1 minute mug cake. Say what?!
The chocolate brownie mug cake you all know and love has been upgraded and you don’t want to miss it. Plus check out the adorable stop motion video below to see just how easy it is to make.
What is a mug cake?
Just what it sounds like, a cake in a mug. A cake for 1 made directly in a mug in your microwave 😮. Sounds amazing right? That’s because it is!
The whole cake is made right there in the mug so clean up is a breeze! In fact, if you use the same Tablespoon to measure all the ingredients you only need to wash 3 things!
Mug cakes are ideal for when you want an indulgent sweet treat, but don’t want to make a whole cake!
Why should you make this chocolate peanut butter mug cake?
I think the better question here is why shouldn’t you make this mug cake…
Here are a few reasons I think you should make it RIGHT NOW:
- It is made with a few basic pantry ingredients you almost definitely have already.
- It takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish (including clean up!).
- Sometimes baking is just too much of a production for me (yes, even me!) and I just want something sweet NOW.
- It’s completely vegan!
How to make a mug cake without eggs?
This chocolate peanut butter mug cake recipe is made without an egg and works perfectly!
What ingredients are in a chocolate peanut butter mug cake?
All you need for this chocolate PB mug cake recipe:
- Cocoa Powder
- Almond Milk (or other milk if you prefer)
- Peanut Butter
- Mini peanut butter cups (optional)
How to make a chocolate peanut butter mug cake:
It’s sooooo easy to make, my kids make them all the time! Follow these 5 easy steps:
- Mix dry ingredients in a mug with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add peanut butter and swirl around.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Top with mini peanut butter cups.
Are mug cakes vegan?
This one is!! I don’t use eggs in my mug cakes because it tastes too eggy for me and in this case no eggs are needed 🙂 Plus, oil and almond milk make it 100% vegan!
Hooked on mug cakes?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1½ Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- mini peanut butter cups optional
- Place cocoa powder, sugar, flour and salt in a mug and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Add almond milk and oil and mix to combine.
- Add peanut butter and swirl in with a knife or the back of the fork.
- Microwave for 1 minute and top with mini peanut butter cups.